Novos#Encontros is a section dedicated to the cinema industry. It intends to be a meeting point for professionals and experts of the field of filmmaking, and is open to technicians, creators, companies, and organisations from around the world.
The first edition of Novos Cinemas#Lab will take place on 1, 2 and 3 july, alongside with a comprehensive program of talks and roundtable discussions.
3 July. Casa da Luz
11:30 Presentation of the #LAB projects
The creators behind the initiatives selected to participate in NOVOSCINEMAS#LAB will present the projects they developed under the supervision of Novos Cinemas’ guest experts: María Zamora, Jorge Coira, Eugenia Mumenthaler e Mariana Barassi.
- Rocío Mesa, director of Secaderos
- Liliana Torres, director of ¿Qué hicimos mal?
- Santiago Lozano, co-director of Oro pacífico
- Álvaro Fernández-Pulpeiro, director of No duermas más
12:00 Presentation of the Film Commission of Pontevedra
Presentation of Pontevedra’s Film Commission website. Pontevedra asa unique location for filmmaking.
- Miguel López, Film Commission of Pontevedra
- Anabel Gulías, Councillor for Marketing and Tourism
12:30 Presentation of Oliver Laxe’s film Mimosas (Zeitun Films)
Premiered at Cannes 2016, Mimosas is the second feature film directed by the celebrated Galician filmmaker.
- Felipe Lage, producer
12:45 ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION: BRINGING DEBUT FILMS INTO THE MARKET
A roundtable discussion on how to approach the market when trying to promote a debut film. Strategies, distribution channels, and the special needs of young projects will be on the table for debate.
- Lara López. Movistar + (Spain)
- Enrique Costa. Avalon (Spain)
- Eugenia Mumenthaler. Alina Film (Switzerland)
- Diego Rodríguez. Márgenes (Spain)