NOVOS CINEMAS. PONTEVEDRA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL will be held from 10 – 15 December 2019 in the city of Pontevedra (Galicia, Spain). With an emphasis on auteur cinema, NOVOS CINEMAS aims to discover emergent filmmakers and draw attention to them beyond national borders.
Novos Cinemas’ aesthetic ideology relies on three interconnected factors: cinema exhibition, meeting the experts, and proper training. All of them contributed to the formation of NOVOS CINEMAS#LAB: a program specially designed to provide a training and tutoring environment to foster the development of nascent projects by emerging filmmakers.
#LAB’s main purpose is to encourage the meeting of skilled, professional filmmakers and agents that are receptive to independent film projects. Our goal is to help promising independent works become fully developed films and to effectively bring them into the constantly evolving cinema market, with its countless variables in terms of supply and demand.
Submitted projects must be the first or second feature films directed by the applicant filmmaker. Projects must be submitted at an early stage of production: writing, development or preproduction.
The NOVOS CINEMAS#LAB program will be divided into two phases. In the first phase, the organization of Novos Cinemas will select up to four (4) projects. In the second phase –during Edition 03 of Novos Cinemas Pontevedra International Film Festival, between December 11-14, 2019–, a team of professionals with proven experience and international prestige will examine, evaluate and supervise the selected projects.
Call for projects will be open from June 19 to September 25, 2019.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• NOVOS CINEMAS#LAB is open to regional, national and international cinematographic projects from all over the world.
• Four (4) projects will be selected in this call. At least one of them will be from the autonomous community of Galicia.
• Submitted projects must be the first or second feature films directed by the applicant filmmaker. Projects must be submitted at an early stage of production: writing, development or preproduction.
• The supporting documents can be submitted in Spanish, Galician, and English.
• Entrants must submit the Entry Form along with their Dossier through the following link: http://www.novoscinemas.com/en/ficha-de-inscripcion-lab-2019/
• Optional audiovisual material should be accessible to the organization via a private mlink to the content (Vimeo and others).
• The closing deadline to submit applications and all supporting material is September 25, 2019.
• The organization will select four (4) projects. The creators of the projects chosen to take part in the NOVOS CINEMAS#LAB04 program will be notified via e-mail. The authors and/or producers must confirm their attendance during the week following the confirmation.
✓ #LAB04 will be held between December 11 – 14, 2019.
✓ The selected projects will be examined, evaluated and guided by four internationally renowned experts.
✓ The organization will cover all expenses related to accommodation and meals for the four selected directors. The costs of their travel expenses (flight tickets) will be partially reimbursed (each case will be considered individually).
✓ If a project selected to take part in NOVOS CINEMAS#LAB ends up becoming a successfully completed film, the legitimate copyright owner or owners bind themselves to include the the image of the NOVOS CINEMAS#LAB that will be provided by the Novos Cinemas team.
Feel free to contact us for more information: email@example.com