We are delighted to invite you to submit your film for the 4th Edition of NOVOS CINEMAS Pontevedra International Film Festival, which will take place between the 10th and 15th of Decembrer 2019, in the Galician city of Pontevedra (Spain).
WHO CAN ENTER – FILM SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE
NOVOS CINEMAS is an International Film Festival open to emergent filmmakers from all over the world. The festival will have two competitive sections, both of international scope: Official Section and Latexos/Heartbeats, aimed to give visibility to more fragile and intimate productions.
To be eligible, entrants must submit a full-length film (not less than 60 minutes long). The submitted film must be the first or second film directed by the entrant or by the filmmaker the entrant represents.
Eligible entries include feature films completed, or whose first public exhibition take place after 1 January 2019 that have not been commercially released in Spanish cinemas or broadcast on Spanish TV channels (private or public) before entering this competition.
The admission period will be extended from April 30 to August 19, 2019.
THE PRIZES – THE JURIES
Five prizes will be awarded:
1. An International Jury will give away the NOVOS CINEMAS Award to the best feature film on the Official Section with a cash prize of € 2,000, for the company or legal representative who registered the film at the event.
2. A young jury, comprising a number of university students (UVIGO) designated by NOVOS CINEMAS, will choose the winner of the XURADO NOVO Award of the Official Section, with an economic endowment of € 500, in the form of a Grant for the filmmaker of the winning film.
3. A jury composed of film critics will award the CRITICS Award to the best feature film on competition.
4. The LATEXOS Award, conceived with to the collaboration of the NUMAX Cooperative, involves the comercial exhibition of the award-winning feature film of Latexos section in NUMAX (Santiago de Compostela).
5. The audience will be invited to participate and decide the winner of the AUDIENCE AWARD (intended to promote the distribution of the winning film).
All decisions reached by the judges will be final and may not be contested.